Osteopathic treatment for Neck Pain
After low back pain, one of the most common reasons people come and see me is neck pain.
It might be caused by
- Working all day bent over a computer,
- Driving long distances,
- Poor posture while standing or sitting,
- stress and tiredness
Lots of factors can contribute to neck pain, which can also cause pain in the shoulder going down into your arm or hand.
People are often surprised that tension or stiffness in the neck and upper back can be a cause of headaches.
How we can help
- We use a wide range of gentle manual treatments depending on your age, fitness and diagnosis and this can include gentle massage of the soft tissues of your neck and upper back, “rocking” the joints to release tension and may gently manipulate the back to loosen the joints where you might hear a “click”
- Sometimes your treatment will involve other areas of the body such as the shoulders, back and ribs as these can all play a role in your neck pain. In addition to manual treatment we have a lot of experience in workstation assessments so we can provide advice on your posture and work environment, including specific exercises to help prevent a reoccurrence of any problems.
- X-rays, scans and other tests are sometimes required to make a diagnosis and your osteopath may refer to your GP or a specialist for any additional investigations or treatment.
For advice on your neck pain, or to book an appointment please call us on (01604) 532853
The final results are no pain or ache in my neck or shoulders, which I did have constantly prior to the treatment. From the initial call to the final treatment I have been treated like a valued patient with a genuine interest into my everyday life and health.