Meet Bob Allen
One of my favourite definitions of an Osteopath is
“Someone who solves a problem you didn’t know you had in a way you don’t understand, see also wizard or magician”
While it isn’t 100% accurate it is a great conversion starter when someone asks what I do for a living.
My name is Bob Allen and I am a Northampton Osteopath, strength & flexibility coach, Otago Programme Leader, and the owner of The Sollus Healthcare Clinic.
Whether your pain is caused by your work, your sport, a trip or fall, I will help you get back to doing the things you enjoy.
I provide you with jargon-free, effective treatment for all your joint and muscle problems so why not get in touch and find out how I can help you?
I have been treating people in pain since 2008 when I received my diploma as a Level 4 massage therapist, I graduated as an osteopath in 2011, and qualified as a Functional Strength and Conditioning coach in 2018.
One of the biggest joys of being an osteopath is helping to ‘fix’ problems that you were told were not ‘fixable’ including a client that had shoulder pain for 30 years which was resolved in 4 treatments! That’s not a boast about my amazing abilities as an Osteopath but more to let you know that however long you have had a problem I can reduce your pain and get you moving better.
In situations where I can’t help I will always direct you to someone that can, whether it involves a referral back to your GP or to another therapist.
Qualifications at a Glance
- BSc (Hons) Applied Biology
- BSc (Hons) Osteopathy
- Level 4 BTEC Diploma Sports & Remedial Massage Therapy
- Functional Strength & Conditioning coach
- Mental Health First Aid
- First Aid
- Otago Strength & Balance Programme Leader
Special Interests and Experience
- Neck and Shoulder Pain
- Back and Hip Pain
- Ankle Sprain rehabilitation
- Problems caused by disabilities like cerebral palsy & hypermobility
- Strength training for anyone from 5 – 95
- Convincing older adults that it is never too late to exercise and showing them how it’s done
- Rehabilitation exercises to reduce pain and improve flexibility